Where to Find Emergency Food
Where to Find Emergency Food
Apply for CalFresh online (also known as food stamps or SNAP): https://www.getcalfresh.org/
All Members of the Yolo Community can text Yolo FreshText Alerts to find food in their area. Text your Keyword to: 888777
West Sacramento & Clarksburg: GRAPE
UC Davis Campus (UCD students only): AGGIES
North Yolo: RICE
Capay Valley: WALNUT
Food Banks & Other Emergency Food Sites
Several organizations are providing relief for senior citizens. If you have a neighbor over 65, you can contact Meals on Wheels in Yolo County or visit www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org.
Yolo Food Bank can provide a weekly home delivery food box, supplemented with a bag of fresh produce, dairy products, and other essential items for qualifying individuals. Visit https://yolofoodbank.org/ for more information.
According to the Yolo County Food Bank, website “individuals who are not low-income are urged to contact a for-profit grocery delivery service, so that Yolo Food Bank can prioritize the needs of low-income residents during this time of crisis.”
Yolo Farm to Fork also shares where to get help finding food during the COVID-19 closures on their website. Visit their page to find the closest location near you.
Food for Children
Yolo County schools are now closed until April with the possibility of an extension, due to the coronavirus pandemic affecting communities across the United States. On Wednesday march 18th, Yolo County issued a shelter-in-place order that will be effective as of Thursday March 18th 2020. With so many unexpected and sudden changes it is important that families are aware of the resources made available to the community of Yolo County. There are several school sites in Yolo County that are providing meals to students during school closures.
According to a number of school websites, free meals will be provided for children 18 years and younger, Monday through Friday. Meals will be available whether or not children are eligible for free or reduced meal prices, and regardless of which school they currently attend. Many schools are operating under a “Grab and Go” Model in order to reduce the incidence of contagion. If you or anyone you know is interested and in need of a meal for a child please refer to the resources below and contact your local school district for more information. An interactive google map is available with all food service locations (Food Locations.)
Yolo County Schools offering free meals for Children
Davis Joint Unified
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Marguerite Montgomery Elementary, 1441 Danbury St., Davis, CA 95618
- Patwin Elementary, 2222 Shasta Drive, Davis, CA 95616
- Harper Junior High, 4000 E. Covell Blvd., Davis, CA 95618
- Davis Senior High, 315 W 14th St., Davis, CA 95616
More information: https://djusd.net/cms/One.aspx?portalId=117173&pageId=29557589
- Madison Community High, 17923 Stephens St., Madison, CA 95653
- Esparto High, 26675 Plainfield St., Esparto, CA 95627
- Esperanza Crossing, 16797 County Road 87, Esparto, CA 95627
- Esparto Middle, 26058 County Road 21A, Esparto, CA 95627
More information: https://www.eusdk12.org/home
10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Elkhorn Village, 750 Cummins Way, West Sacramento, CA 95605
- Westfield Village, 508 Poplar Ave., West Sacramento, CA 95691
- Westmore Oaks Elementary, 1100 Clarendon St., West Sacramento, CA 95691
- Riverbank Elementary, 1100 Carrie St., West Sacramento, CA 95605
- Southport Elementary, 2747 Linden Road, West Sacramento, CA 95691
- Stonegate Elementary, 2500 La Jolla St., West Sacramento, CA 952691
- Bridgeway Island Elementary, 3255 Half Moon Bay Circle, West Sacramento, CA 95691
- River City High, 1 Raider Lane, West Sacramento, CA 95691
- WUSD School Bus Stop, 731 F St., West Sacramento, CA 95691
Winters Joint Unified
11-11:30 a.m.; March 16-20, March 30-April 3
- Waggoner Elementary, 500 Edwards St., Winters, CA 95694
- Meal delivery to El Rio Villa (Yolo Housing) will happen at approximately 11:45am.
Note: There will be no meal service March 23 -27.
Woodland Joint Unified
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Gibson Elementary, 312 Gibson Road, Woodland, CA 95695
- Prairie Elementary, 1444 Stetson St., Woodland, CA 95776
- Sci-Tech Elementary, 9544 Mill St., Knights Landing, CA 95645
- Tafoya Elementary, 720 Homestead Way, Woodland, CA 95776
- Douglass Middle, 525 Granada Drive, Woodland, CA 95695
- Lee Middle, 520 West St., Woodland, CA 95695
- Pioneer High, 1400 Pioneer Ave., Woodland, CA 95776
- Woodland High, 21 N. West St., Woodland, CA 95695
More information: https://www.wjusd.org/Announcements/?capostid=19817